Metal Bikes are truly back.
Now is your chance to pre-order a special collectors edition Metal Kizz frame to go along with the release of the 'Go Fast Pull Up' documentary which will be released later this year, here's what Chris Rye has to say about the story so far! We are also including a Metal Bikes T-Shirt with all orders!
"During the course of the Props x Dig 'Go Fast Pull Up' documentary production, I was messaged about the possibility of doing a small run of new, limited-edition metal bikes frames as a cool tie-in project and homage to the very first metal “Kizz” MK1 frame from 1999. I hit up Jimmy about the idea and he was all for it.
After researching a bit I discovered S&M had 33 sets of “lightning bolt” dropouts remaining from when they produced the metal rebel contender in 2006-7, which we acquired for the project.
Metal bikes co-founder Joe Carnall graciously provided us with the original Kizz sticker graphics and powder codes to faithfully re-produce the mk1 artwork and colours. There will also be a raw option.
Big Dave Harrison, who worked at spooky cycles in the late-90s, and who made all the mk1s of metal, terrible one and FBM frames, is going to be fabricating on this project with his company pedal driven cycles in Athens, Georgia.
The frames will have 'Go Fast Pull Up' laser cut out of the top gusset and serial numbers stamped 1-33."
- Integrated Headset
- 74.5° Head Tube
- 1.25" Double Butted Top Tube
- 1.5" Double Butted Downtube, AA Homage to the MK1 Kizz
- 20.75", 21" and 21.25" Top Tubes
- 13.625" - 14.125" Rear End
- 71° Seat Tube, Single Butted
- 9" Standover
- Mid BB
- 11.75" BB Height
- Seat Stays 3/4" Top to Bottom .035 + Welded Caps
- Chain Stays 3/4" Top to Bottom .049 + Welded Caps
- Chain Stay Wishbone
- 5/8" Straight Seat Bridge
- Up to 36T Sprocket
- 990 Seat Stay Removable Brake Mounts, Modern Style with Bolt Through Tab
- Cable Guide Under Top Tube, Drilled/Tapped for Removable Stop + Guide Near Head Tube
- Runs up to a 2.4" Tyre
- Kizz Lightning Bolt Dropouts
- 2-Piece Welded Seat Clamp
- MK1 Kizz Stickers
- Original MK1 Colours; Burgundy, Black Semi-Flat/Matte and Clearcoat Raw
- Includes a Copy of the 'Go Fast Pull Up' Documentary
- Includes a Metal Bikes T-Shirt (Whilst Stock Last)
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM AND THE FRAMES/DVD WILL BE SHIPPING APRIL 2019. We have only TWO available!
Photos will be updated once available.