There are no two ways about it: Dave Mirra was the spark that revitalized Haro in the mid 1990s. Gone were the days of Bob Haro and Ron Wilkerson behind the brand's direction - it was now Dave Mirra and Ryan Nyquist designing complete bikes that were affordable, high quality and available worldwide to a new legion of BMX fans. A few years later, the X Games hit, and suddenly, Dave Mirra's signature Haro was on every TV screen of an ESPN subscriber, and demand for his signature bikes and components sky rocketed.
Mirra remained an esteemed member of the Haro team through the end of 2006, and then started his own brand, Mirraco, for the remainder of his BMX career. But the majority of Mirra's accomplishments at the top of the sport were done on a signature Haro, and it's where most of us remember him best.
Now, to honor Dave Mirra, Haro is releasing a 2017 tribute Dave Mirra bike, with a bulk of the sales proceeds going directly to the Mirra family. It is but one more way for BMX to continually honor the life, legacy and greatness of Dave Mirra, and all that he gave to his family, friends and BMX as a whole. And it's proof positive that the memory of Dave Mirra will remain with all of us for a long time to come.
- Frame: Full Crmo, internal HT & Mid BB - 20.5" or 21" TT
- Fork: Full Crmo with 1 piece CNC steer tube & tapered legs
- Colour: Gloss Mirra Red,
- Cranks: 3 pc Crmo 8 spline 175mm w/ Mid sealed bearing BB
- Gearing: Haro 28T CNC alloy bolt drive. 9T driver with sealed bearing
- Pedals: Haro "1978" plastic
- Tires: Haro La Mesa 20x2.40 F/R
- Hubs: 3/8" / 14mm, 36H Lineage high flange sealed w/ straight axle, 36H Lineage high flange sealed w/14mm axle & 9T driver
- Rims: Haro Sata 36H Alloy double wall
- Rotor: Ende rotor
- Grips: Haro Team Grip
- Handle Bar: Crmo 8.75" rise / Lineage CNC Alloy front load stem
- Seat: Mirra saddle padded Pivotal seat with alloy Pivotal post
- Pegs: CNC alloy pegs
- Top Tube: 20.5" or 21"
- Head Angle: 75°
- Seat Angle: 71.5°
- Seat Tube: 10.25°
- Chainstay 13.75"
- BB Height: 11.5"